Asbestos and Silica Awareness and Education
An important role of ACV/GARDS is providing Asbestos and Silica Education and Awareness sessions to TAFE and VCAL students, as well as Universities – Medical students and Nursing students, Environmental Health Sciences, community organisations, work places and any group of interested people wanting to further their knowledge on asbestos. Information bags available to take away.
Topics discussed include:
- What is asbestos
- What is Silicosis
- History of asbestos and silica
- Health effects of exposure to asbestos and silica
- Where to find asbestos and silica in your home and renovating
- How asbestos and silica effects workers and where you might be exposed to it
- Where to find information on asbestos and silica
- What products could contain asbestos and silica
- How do I recognize asbestos and silica products
- Samples of asbestos and silica products
If you are interested in having ACV/GARDS speak to your group please contact us.