Asbestos Awareness and Education
An important role of ACV/GARDS is providing Asbestos Education and Awareness sessions to TAFE and VCAL students, as well as Universities – Medical students and Nursing students, Environmental Health Sciences, community organisations, work places and any group of interested people wanting to further their knowledge on asbestos. Information bags available to take away.
Topics discussed include:
- What is asbestos
- History of asbestos
- Health effects of exposure to asbestos
- Where to find asbestos in your home and renovating
- How asbestos effects workers and where you might be exposed to it
- Where to find information on asbestos
- What products could contain asbestos
- How do I recognize asbestos products
- Samples of asbestos products
If you are interested in having ACV/GARDS speak to your group please contact us.